just a quick note on how to make NT7 as fast as possible
- Do not put more than 500 bars on your Precision Chart.
- Make sure you Reset and Repair your NT7 database regularly. A large database tends to slow NT7 with time.
- Do not run any indicators with "Calculate on Bar Close = False" setting.
- Only have one workspace open at any one time.
- Do not download or keep data for instruments you never use.
- As a last resort, consider a clean install of NT7. It happens. (If you ever do, rename your Ninjatrader 7 folder _Ninjatrader 7, before you reinstall. You'll thank me for it.)
General Windows tips:
- Only run background programs that you really need.
- VPNs can slow your machines. Only use them if you have to.
- Use an antivirus software that is easy on memory. Some are famous, and are famously not.
- Get the fastest machine you can get, RAM, SSD, i9, etc.
- Get the fastest internet connection available to you.
Have a plan for:
- PC failure (do you have a backup machine, ready to jump in?)
- Internet failure (do you have a backup subscription/connection?)
- Connection to your broker's trading desk (phone number, your account data, passwords, etc.)
- A medical situation, electricity outage etc.
Some call it 'disaster recovery' or 'any eventuality plan'. The point is, you run a business. Have one. In writing.
Mindful v2.0 trading!